Mussels in Pickled Sauce Recipe
Mussels are a mollusk with which you can prepare a wide variety of recipes, from sophisticated tapas to traditional recipes. Today I'm going to tell you how you can make delicious pickled mussels at home according to the traditional recipe, the same one that Galician grandmothers have been using for years.
- Galician mussels
- Bay leaf
- Black peppercorns
- Sweet and hot paprika
- Extra virgin olive oil
Mussels in pickled sauce recipe step by step
1. First steam the mussels. To do this simply put the mussels in a pot in which the water only covers a couple of centimeters and wait until most of them are open.
2. Now you have to remove each mussel from its shell. Also remove the beards from the mussels so that they are completely clean.
3. Pour enough olive oil in a frying pan to cover the mussels that we are going to introduce later. Heat the oil over low heat so as not to burn the mussels.
4. Add the mussels when the pan is hot together with the bay leaf, some black peppercorns and the cloves and let them cook over low heat for about 15 minutes. After this time, remove the mussels.
5. Wait for the oil to cool and add the sweet paprika, the hot paprika and a good splash of vinegar. stir everything for 1 minute.
6. Strain the marinade through a fine mesh strainer and add it to the Galician mussels along with some new bay leaves, black pepper and cloves.
7. You can now enjoy your homemade pickled mussels.