It has probably happened to you that Christmas has come to an end and you have left some nougat uneaten. That's why today we bring you our recipe for Turrón de Jijona Nougat Flan. A recipe that the whole family will love for its flavour and smooth texture. In addition, the nougat, with its high content of almonds and honey, gives the flan a high nutrient content and not too much sugar.
- Jijona nougat 200 g
- Whole milk 500 ml
- Egg 6 pcs
- Sugar 120 g
- Liquid caramel to cover the mould
NOUGAT FLAN RECIPE STEP BY STEP
1. Pour the milk, sugar and nougat into a blender and blend until creamy. Leave to rest and meanwhile prepare the liquid caramel directly in the flan mould. To do this, add three tablespoons of sugar and one tablespoon of water, place on the heat and wait for it to change colour. Remove from the heat and spread it so that it covers the base of the mould.
2. In a bowl, beat the eggs without frothing and add the mixture of milk, sugar and nougat, stirring a little at a time. Pour this cream into the mould where we have previously prepared the caramel and cover the mould with aluminium foil.
3. Preheat the oven to 175º and prepare a bain-marie. To do this, place a container with water on a baking tray, which must be large enough to hold the flan mould. Once the oven is hot, place the mould in the pan with water and leave it for approximately 1 hour. To know when the flan is ready, insert a wooden spoon into the flan and when it comes out clean, it means that it has finished curdling.
4. Cover with a damp cloth and leave to cool. Once cold, put it in the fridge until ready to eat. A few hours later it will be perfect to eat, but the next day it will be even more delicious.
Buy artisan nougat
You can buy top quality Jijona nougat in our online shop. Here you will also find other typical Spanish turron such as Alicante turron or Yema Tostada turron.